Hiring Bus Drivers
Please bring a recent copy of your 10-year driving record (H6)
Join First Transit in providing safe, reliable transportation for disabled passengers using LADOT Dash. These are critical services that make a real difference in the lives of our passengers and will make you proud of the work that you do every day.
We are proud to offer:
- Paid Training
- $1500 sign-on bonus **Restrictions apply**
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Great working environment
- Paid Time Off/Sick days
- 401-K Matching
Van Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have at least three years of driving experience (in a personal vehicle)
- Subject to a background investigation and drug test
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
As a Van Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive a First Transit van in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
Become a part of our team - Apply today! First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: The career event and job fair calendar on the website is a complimentary resource for employers and career event organizers. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to verify the dates and details of the career events and job fairs posted on our website prior to attending. The LocalJobNetwork™ disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the events posted on our website.